Advice from the experts: Get Ready Q&As
- Preparing for disasters: Information for people with disabilities
Q&A with Danielle Bailey
Tips that people with disabilities can use to protect themselves and their families.
- Preparing for hurricane season
Q&A with James Franklin and Dennis Feltgen
Learn how to get ready for hurricanes.
- Workplace preparedness: Protecting your employees — and your bottom line — during emergencies
Q&A with Bob Boyd
Learn how to keep your employees safe during emergencies.
- Preparation is key to keeping older adults safe, healthy during emergencies
Q&A with Jim Judge
Learn how seniors can be safe before and during a disaster.
- Food drives: How your local community can address hunger — and be better prepared for emergencies
Q&A with Molly McGlinchy
Learn why food drives are important and how yours can be a success.
- How to create a healthy emergency stockpile
Q&A with Capt. Laura A. McNally, MPH, RD, FADA
Learn how to stock up on food and water in a healthy way, including low-sodium and special needs advice.
What to do during a disaster
- Tornado safety lessons: Power outages can be dangerous, taking shelter matters
Q&A with Cindy Chiu
Information on staying safe during a tornado.
- Sheltering in place: What you need to know about staying put during an emergency
Q&A with Darryl J. Madden
Tips on what to do when authorities tell you to stay at home, work, school or other locations.
- How to protect your pets in a disaster
Q&A with Scotlund Haisley
Learn what you need to do to keep your pets safe during a disaster, including how to prepare.
- Surviving a disaster: How can we control our fears?
Q&A with Amanda Ripley
Learn why so many of us freeze up during an emergency, and what we can do to overcome our fears during a crisis situation.
Fighting infectious diseases
- Proper hand-washing keeps day care kids healthier, helps prevent germs from spreading
Q&A with Bobette Thompson
Read about the importance of hand-washing in day cares.
- Preventing pandemic flu and infectious diseases in children
Q&A with Jonathan Kotch, MD, MPH, FAAP
APHA member Jonathan Kotch offers advice on keeping kids safe from flu and other diseases, from child care settings to college campuses.
- Animal diseases: How much of a concern are they to our health
Q&A with Lonnie King, DVM
Learn about diseases that pass from animals to humans, and what you can do to protect yourself.