APHA 2014 Get Ready Scholarship Rules and Regulations
These rules and regulations are listed in conjunction with APHA's 2014 Get Ready Scholarship.
TO APPLY, YOU MUST READ THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States. College students must be enrolled full-time. Employees and contractors of the American Public Health Association and their families are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Past winners are not eligible. School enrollment must be verified for all scholarship winners.
2. SCHEDULE: You may submit an entry between Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, and Tuesday, April 8, 2014, by 5 p.m. EST or until entry submission limits are reached in each category level.
3. TERMS OF SUBMISSION: As conditions of entry into this contest, and by providing a submission, each entrant:
• Warrants and represents that her/his submission(s): (a) are original to the entrant and have been legally obtained and created, (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws or regulations; (c) have not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (d) have not been published previously in any medium.
• Irrevocably grants to APHA, legal representatives, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse the entrant's entry, name, address, image, statements, biographical material and submission, including, but not limited to, any of the above items, as well as any additional photographic images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to the entrant and arising out of her/his participation in this contest (with or without using the entrant's name) (collectively, the "additional materials") in any media, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the Entrant or any other party.
• Forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude APHA's use of the entrant's submission, or require the entrant's permission for APHA to use them for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against APHA’s use of materials; and
• Agrees to indemnify and hold APHA and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and any employees, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the entrant's entry materials or additional materials, or the entrant's conduct during and in connection with this contest.
5. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Once you submit your entry electronically, your submission is final and may not be modified or edited further. APHA may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify submissions deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant. Limit one submission per entrant.
6. SUBMISSION LIMITS:
Entries will be limited to the first 300 submissions in each school level (300 high school submissions, 300 undergraduate submissions and 300 graduate submissions). Once the limit has been reached in a respective level, that level will be closed for submissions.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Three winners will be selected by a judging process that will evaluate each eligible submission based on judging criteria. All winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. If a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable to accept scholarship, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
8. WINNING SCHOLARSHIPS:
Three scholarships of $400 each will be awarded as follows:
• One scholarship for high school seniors
• One scholarship for college undergraduate students
• One scholarship for graduate students
Winning students will also receive a free one-year membership in APHA. The Get Ready Scholarship must be used to pay for direct school costs.
If no eligible entries are submitted, prizes may not be awarded. The winners’ names, school, city and state, campaign plans, blog entries and infographics may be published on the Get Ready website or via other APHA communication outlets.
Return to Get Ready Scholarship home page